Moving Eurodraft to next year?

Andreas Nusser
Site Admin
Site Admin
VEKN Nr.:

Moving Eurodraft to next year?

Post by Andreas Nusser »

Dear VTES Players,

after the low response to the Eurodraft and the short period of time in between this year's EC and Eurodraft, Johannes and I are considering moving the Eurodraft to next year early spring.

We are thinking about holding the Eurodraft together with next year's German European Continental Qualifier in early spring 2010.

However this year's German Championship will be still held on saturday 6th december. Sunday 7th will be a Draft with (hopefully) the new expansion.

Is there anyone who has already booked a flight or is too uncomfortable with this decision?

Please contact me at timewalk@scram.de.

regards,

Andreas

Das Glück kommt zu denen, die lachen.

---
japanische Weisheit
Menteith
Archont
Archont
VEKN Nr.: 3040004

Re: Moving Eurodraft to next year?

Post by Menteith »

Just to avoid confusion: Saturday is December 5th, Sunday December 6th.
Andreas Nusser wrote:Dear VTES Players,

after the low response to the Eurodraft and the short period of time in between this year's EC and Eurodraft, Johannes and I are considering moving the Eurodraft to next year early spring.

We are thinking about holding the Eurodraft together with next year's German European Continental Qualifier in early spring 2010.

However this year's German Championship will be still held on saturday 6th december. Sunday 7th will be a Draft with (hopefully) the new expansion.

Is there anyone who has already booked a flight or is too uncomfortable with this decision?

Please contact me at timewalk@scram.de.

regards,

Andreas
Sebastian
Murat
Justicar
Justicar
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Murat »

I think it is really nongood to put the Eurodraft togeather with an national event. In my opinion the Eurodraft must be part of the EuroChampionship, because there are the most players from all over Europa. I can not see why more people will come to a second day on a national qualification rather to a second day on a national championship.
If you move the Eurodraft to Spring, will it be the Eurodraft 2009 held in 2010 and there is another Eurodraft or is the new one the Eurodraft 2010 with no champion in 2009?
Hab bei Weightwatcher angerufen, hat aber keiner abgenommen.
Männele
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 1000565

Post by Männele »

Murat wrote:In my opinion the Eurodraft must be part of the EuroChampionship, because there are the most players from all over Europa.
This is not possible, as the EC is scheduled for three days already. On what day do you want to squeeze in a Draft?

A standalone Draft-EC is and will be a good idea.

The date of this year's DEC is a bit too close to the Constructed EC, that's true. Anyway I would like to see it if we keep the date. If some foreign people skip it, it's bad. But it is stupid too to wait with a 2009-Championship until 2010.
Ich habe noch nie etwas vergessen. Das wüsste ich.
Andreas Nusser
Site Admin
Site Admin
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Andreas Nusser »

Männele wrote:
Murat wrote:In my opinion the Eurodraft must be part of the EuroChampionship, because there are the most players from all over Europa.
This is not possible, as the EC is scheduled for three days already. On what day do you want to squeeze in a Draft?

A standalone Draft-EC is and will be a good idea.

The date of this year's DEC is a bit too close to the Constructed EC, that's true. Anyway I would like to see it if we keep the date. If some foreign people skip it, it's bad. But it is stupid too to wait with a 2009-Championship until 2010.
Well, the idea was it to not have any Draft EC for the year 2009, cycling it for a period of 2 years.

We just do not want to see an attendance of 20 people for an international event like an Draft Championship. I am pretty sure that a low attendance would have an impact on future events.
Das Glück kommt zu denen, die lachen.

---
japanische Weisheit
acbishop
Eingeweihter
Eingeweihter
VEKN Nr.:

Post by acbishop »

I think it's a good idea making the Eurodraft an event every two years. Maybe in the same weekend as the ECQ would make more people to come. Cause not all the people love VTES Draft, so I guess that having an ECQ on the same weekend will motivate more people.

Antonio,
the one hated by the dice :P
Johannes
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Johannes »

acbishop wrote:I think it's a good idea making the Eurodraft an event every two years. Maybe in the same weekend as the ECQ would make more people to come. Cause not all the people love VTES Draft, so I guess that having an ECQ on the same weekend will motivate more people.
That was the plan.
V:TES online shop http://www.vtes.de