Turnierbericht Summer Rumble (online) 27.6.2020

Warst du auf einem Turnier und hast Besonderes erlebt - oder gar gewonnen? Hier herein mit der Schilderung

Moderator: hardyrange

Männele
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 1000565

Turnierbericht Summer Rumble (online) 27.6.2020

Post by Männele »

Tournament report
First table:
Me (Pander vote + Inner Circle) -> Nikolaj (Lasombra biggies ani/pot/dom bruise and bleed Dark Steel / Carrion Crows) -> Robert (dom/pot with Second Trads) -> Jeeves (Tzimisce big cap wall) ->Paul (Brujah royalty g4/5)
This table was tough, because everywhere titles popped up and I had to deal a lot despite having a quick Crusade and Legacy of Pander in play. Playing Consanguineous Boons on Pander were near impossible. In addition I had a prey with rush possibilities.
After some time I had a bunch of Pander and Arika in play, Niko had Nahir, Anton de whatever and Conrad Adoula, Robert had Constanza, Judah and Lizette, Jeeves had Lambach and John Paleologous and Paul played with Jann Berger, Tara iirc and later Dmitra Iljanova.
My stealth was good enough to get past Nikos 1 intercept with ani enough, he and Robert hitting each other into topor now and then, as Robert blocked Nikos sup Governs twice. But the lack of Boons and the tough bleeding abilities oft he Brujah brought me low on pool. Jeeves put a Smiling Jack in play and an Army of Rats, the latter put Paul in big danger, as he couldn’t get past the blocking Tzimis and he didn’t draw any Villeins. The 1 pool ping of John Paleologous‘ special was adding pressure to this. In the endphase I was on 1 pool and offered Jeeves the deal to oust Niko with his help, I needed his 5 votes, damaging his prey in the process of ousting and getting six pool to stay alive against Paul’s stealthy bleeds (he played Carthage Remembered earlier).
But at that point Niko superbly manipulated Jeeves that way, that he didn’t accept the deal. But Robert, at 3 pool at that moment and threatened to be ousted by Niko next turn, offered an „I help you to get your prey, you help me get mine afterwards“-deal, which I took. I banished Lambach with a Dia de los Muertos and voted three KRCs on Niko and Jeeves getting the VP. In the next turn Robert dunked Jeeves‘ John P. and diblerized him after blocking his rescue. I survived Paul’s bleeding, Robert ousted Jeeves with a deflected bleed and it was timeout.

So 1,5 VP for me, 1,5 VP for Robert and a half for Paul.

Second table:
Jenny (Giovanni Shamblers) -> Attila (Gangrel Torvus & friends) -> Adam (Spell of life) -> me (Pander vote + Inner Circles) -> Igor (Ventrue men with sticks)

I had quite a good start with bleeding and voting right away, getting an early Archbishop and a Legacy of Pander. Igor was in a bad position and had to play very defensively with Lodin and Victor Donaldson. So Jenny built up nicely and put pressure on the Gangrel with Shamblers and Ossian, what left Adam with no pressure. He robbed a Shambling Horde and put two and then three Spell of lifes in play, bleeding now and then for two.
With vote lock I made pool like crazy, having 30 pool and four Panders plus Arika in play. But I had to play slow waiting for political actions to play, because Igor’s Lodin and Victor both waited with Weighted Walking Sticks for my mionions to bleed. Every block would send a minions into torpor. I drew enough stealth to get past Adam’s Shamblers trying to block via Unmasking and Igor didn’t draw his Second Traditions.
But time was running and the Spells added up to four. If Adam would succesfully get his 5 Spell of Lifes, that allies, all able to rush vampires and hitting for two strength, would make a sudden end of all my dreams of a Game Win. The other problem were Jenny’s Shamblers, Carlton and Ossian, who could also rush my minions to torpor with ease and were able to block with Unmasking. So preferably both, Igor and Jenny, had to go in one turn.
So I made a lounging move for Igor. I banished his Victor after playing a Pentex on Lodin, and started bleeding to get him so low on pool, that I could oust him and Jenny with Kine Ressources Contested and Conservative Agitation political actions. Lodin deflected bleeds to Jenny, who let them pass. So I ousted Igor, but Jenny survived with a Carlton block. Next turn she rushed two vamps in torpor. But after Adam still searched for his last Spell of Life in vain the road was open for my next oust. I didn’t get the Gangrel so game ended without another oust.
So I got the Game Win with 2,5 VPs, Attila and Adam got 0,5 VP each. Lucky me that Adam did not complete his Spell of Life set. I drew perfectly in that game and always had the stealth to get past Adam’s stolen Shambler, which tried to block each and every action I made.

Final round:
I was first seed with 1 GW 4 VP barely by tournament points. The other finalists were Rudolf 1GW4 with Unnamed Maleficia, Norbert 1GW 4VP with Pander vote, Pawel 1GW 3 VPs with Vlad vic/dom/tha tricks and Michal 2,5VPs with Enkidu/Aksinya.

I didn’t knew any deck before seating. I learned from Norbert’s talk though that Michal played Enkidu and Pawel „some Tzimisce“. So as it came to deciding where to sit it was Unnamed -> Vlad -> Pander -> Enkidu. I had no intentions to be the predator of Enkidu as I feared to get rushed to torpor very soon. And I did not like to hunt for Tzimis as I feared their blocking abilities. So I sat as Enkidus prey hoping that Michal had to look for his predator more than after me.

Pawel (Vlad Tepes Marlgorzata) -> Norbert (Legacy of Pander) -> Michal (Enkidu) -> Me (Legacy of Pander + Inner Circle) -> Rudolf (Unnamed Maleficia)

Even as top seed I assumed I could not play for time out, as I was sure somebody would get ousted in that game. All decks were very aggressive, so people would get ousted.
Game started and Norbert put two minions in play, both oft hem were in my starting crypt. I chose my other two. In the next turn Norbert played two Conservitive Agitations and damaged Enkidu for 8 and me for two. I was complaining but Norbert were absolutely unimpressed. So in my turn I brought up the two uninfluenced Panders and contested Norberts to the great delight oft he other finalists.
Just now I realized, that I still had muted my mic (since the break before the final). After the others had brought up their first vampire, Norberts contested another of my minions. So I was down to one minion, and three contestments. I talked to Norbert that the others made a fun out of us and we should come to a solution for that contesting problem. He agreed and so he got Lena Rowe and I the two other 1 caps. In the meantime he had the Info Highway and brought up more minions. My big problem was, that I couldn’t play my obf cards, as none had Obfuscate and I did not draw my skillcards. All but one of my redraws were minions Norbert already had influenced.
Enkidu got a quick Raven Spy and had to watch backward to block incoming political actions. So I could get forward for the promise not to damage Michal. I landed two Kine Resources Contested damaging The Unnamed and Vlad. I did not want to make Norbert upset because I feared he could ally with Enkidu to get me out and get vote lock. Until then he needed me for his votes.
Pawel got low on pool by bringing up Malgorzata. With that Priscus Norbert needed my votes even more. Pawel managed to rob one of Norbert’s minions with a well timed Chameleon. That fact enraged Norbert and he stated, that he wants to take out Pawel backwards. After some discussion he really tried but was voted down.
In the meantime Norbert had played annoying Events like Veil of Darkness and Slow Withering. Enkidu tooled up with an Enkil Cog and many Retainers, bleeding me for three every round. Rudolf gained two pool every round with the Unnamed, which he tooled up with a Homunculus and Maleficia cards. Often there was negotiation between Michal and Rudolf, wether Michal can block or Rudolf had to play an Evil’s Eye. Michal tried to explain, why he cannot block, often because the many minions in his back, and so time was ticking away.
I had a bad card flow because of all the obfuscate-cards I could not play. Now and then I tried a damaging vote, but was Evil Eyed. But I lived because of Norbert’s constant Booning. Near the end Michal tried all to oust me by putting my minions in torpor and sowing Tension in the Ranks. Pawel tried to lunge at Norbert. But it was too late and the clock timed out. I won by being first seed before the finals.
Although the outcome was a bit boring the game was definitely not. It had a very good atmosphere with joking and trash talk, negotiating and changing dynamics. I found the final game very challenging and was never sure, who was in the lead.
The whole tournament was great fun. I want to say a big Thank you to Rudolf for organizing and all participants for an awesome Saturday. The only downside was that I was not able to play with Jay Kristoff at a table. But next time I will bribe Rudolf so he alters seatings. 😉

Ich habe noch nie etwas vergessen. Das wüsste ich.
Rudolf
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 5810002

Re: Turnierbericht Summer Rumble (online) 27.6.2020

Post by Rudolf »

Männele wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 17:10[...]
The only downside was that I was not able to play with Jay Kristoff at a table. But next time I will bribe Rudolf so he alters seatings. 😉
Durfte ich auch nicht, und ich saß an der Quelle. :wink:

Danke für den Bericht!
Hier noch der Archon:

1 Joscha D. 1 4.0 114 0.5 133 --- Pander Vote w/ Inner Circles

2 Rudolf S. 1 4.0 108 0.5 62 --- Unnamed Bleed w/ Maleficia
2 Norbert F. 1 4.0 84 0.5 62 --- Pander Vote w/ Gehenna Events
2 Pawel D. 1 3.0 96 0.5 58 --- Vlad Tepes & Malgorzata Bleed w/ Chameleon
2 Michal B. 0 2.5 90 0.5 48 --- Enkido Combat w/ Retainers

6 Paul J. 0 2.0 96 0.0 13
7 Adam P. 0 1.0 84 0.0 9
8 Tobias G. 0 0.5 60 0.0 7
9 Jay K. 0 0.5 54 0.0 7
10 Attila P. 0 0.5 42 0.0 7
11 Igor B. 0 0.0 42 0.0 5
11 Nikolaj W. 0 0.0 42 0.0 5
11 Connor H. 0 0.0 42 0.0 5
14 Thomas T. 0 0.0 36 0.0 5
14 Jennifer F. 0 0.0 36 0.0 5
WD Robert F. 0 1.5 54 0.0 11

Es wäre schön, wenn wir zusammenstellen könnten, welche Decks/Decktypen gespielt wurden.
Und gern noch weitere persönliche Stimmungsbilder und Berichte!
»Wir sind im Auftrag des Herrn unterwegs.«
--------------------------------------------------------
National Coordinator Germany
--------------------------------------------------------
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

Männele
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 1000565

Re: Turnierbericht Summer Rumble (online) 27.6.2020

Post by Männele »

Rudolf wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 19:51
Danke für den Bericht!
Hier noch der Archon:

1 Joscha D. 1 4.0 114 0.5 133 --- Pander Vote w/ Inner Circles

2 Rudolf S. 1 4.0 108 0.5 62 --- Unnamed Bleed w/ Maleficia
2 Norbert F. 1 4.0 84 0.5 62 --- Pander Vote w/ Gehenna Events
2 Pawel D. 1 3.0 96 0.5 58 --- Vlad Tepes & Malgorzata Bleed w/ Chameleon
2 Michal B. 0 2.5 90 0.5 48 --- Enkidu Combat w/ Retainers

6 Paul J. 0 2.0 96 0.0 13 Brujah Royalty
7 Adam P. 0 1.0 84 0.0 9 Spell of Life
8 Tobias G. 0 0.5 60 0.0 7 --- Black Plague Swarm
9 Jay K. 0 0.5 54 0.0 7 --- Ravnos Anarch Toolbox
10 Attila P. 0 0.5 42 0.0 7 Gangrel w Torvus
11 Igor B. 0 0.0 42 0.0 5 Ventrue Stickmen
11 Nikolaj W. 0 0.0 42 0.0 5 Lasombra bruise n bleed ani,dom,pot,obt
11 Connor H. 0 0.0 42 0.0 5
14 Thomas T. 0 0.0 36 0.0 5 --- Baba Yaga Wall
14 Jennifer F. 0 0.0 36 0.0 5 Giovanni Shambling Hordes
WD Robert F. 0 1.5 54 0.0 11 pot dom with princes

Es wäre schön, wenn wir zusammenstellen könnten, welche Decks/Decktypen gespielt wurden.
Und gern noch weitere persönliche Stimmungsbilder und Berichte!
Ich habe noch nie etwas vergessen. Das wüsste ich.